Also known as the common wildebeest, the white-bearded wildebeest, and the brindled gnu, the blue wildebeest is one of two species of wildebeest and is mainly endemic to the southern tip of Africa. The name “blue” refers to the somewhat blue sheen to its coat.
- History: One of the major herbivores of southern Africa, the blue wildebeest is a keystone species. Not only do they limit the spread of certain plant life, but they are the main source of prey for large predators like lions. Classified as “least concern” on the conversation status spectrum, the blue wildebeest has an overall stable population. In fact, in some regions the blue wildebeest’s population is rising.
- Scientific Name: Connochaetes taurinus
- Characteristics: Head hunched over, this blue wildebeest is combing the area for some tasty grass to eat! Like all Safari figurines, this wildebeest toy model is individually painted and was accurately sculpted by experts to be as life-like and as scientifically precise as possible.
- Size: 4.7 inches long and 2.95 inches tall, this wildebeest toy figurine is a bit bigger than a deck of cards stood on its side.
- The Wildebeest is part of the Wild Safari Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.