Cassowaries are large, flightless bird found throughout New Guinea and northern Australia. They have a reputation for being ornery and attacking humans without provocation, although there are less than 250 documented cassowary attacks on record.
- History: Because of their small range of suitable habitats, cassowaries are especially affected by habitat loss and over hunting. Of the three species, the southern cassowary is classified as vulnerable, the northern cassowary is classified as endangered, and the dwarf cassowary is classified as a species of least concern due to a recent boom in their population numbers.
- Scientific Name: Genus Casuarius
- Characteristics: Cassowaries are part of the “ratite” group, which is composed of emus, rheas, ostriches, and kiwis. Learn other awesome facts about this unique creature with our life-like and scientifically accurate cassowary toy model!
- Size: Standing 3.5 inches tall and 2.5 inches long, this cassowary toy figurine is roughly the size of a deck of cards stood on its side.
- The Cassowary is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free