Also known as caribou in North America, reindeer are the largest deer found in the Arctic and Subarctic regions of Europe, Siberia, and North America. Reindeer are the only species of deer where both the males and females grow their own set of enormous antlers.
- History: While it was previously thought that reindeer numbers were numerous due to the fact that they inhabited many different regions, recent studies have revealed that their number are in sharp decline. In 2015, they were officially classified as a vulnerable species. As with many vulnerable animals, the drop in the reindeer population can mainly be attributed to habitat loss and fragmentation. Thankfully, extensive efforts have already begun to help stabilize their overall population.
- Scientific Name: Rangifer tarandus
- Characteristics: Painted and designed with stunning life-like realism, this reindeer toy figurine would fit into the sprawling and beautiful Arctic tundra. In fact, in areas like Canada the reindeer is seen as one of the quintessential animals of the region, and appears on the currency and coat-of-arms of some provinces.
- Size: This reindeer toy figurine stands 4 inches tall and 3.75 inches long, and is a touch shorter and longer than a soda can.
- The Reindeer is part of the Wild Safari® North American Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free