Reptiles and amphibians are cold-blooded and in their natural habitat they often use surfaces heated by the sun to warm up. The Exo Terra Heat Mat is a terrarium substrate heater that simulates these surfaces heated by the sun. The Exo Terra Heat Met is an ideal 24-hour primary or secondary heat source for tropical or temperate reptile and amphibian species and essential as a nighttime heat source for many desert species. The Exo Terra Heat Mat permanently adheres to the terrarium, forming a solid bond for optimal heat transfer. Can be used with Exo Terra Thermostat and/or in conjunction with additional heat sources for higher temperature species.
- Ideal for all glass terrariums
- For mounting under and on the side of terrariums
- Conductive heat source for reptile, amphibian, arachnid and planted terariums
- Helps in thermoregulating - important for metabolism, digestion, appetite & activity
- Safe, even heat distribution
It is important to create a temperature gradient within your terrarium, allowing your pet to travel between hot and cool zones for thermoregulation.