The Reptitemp Digital Thermostat allows you to maintain a constant day & night cycle temperature throughout your terrarium. Thermostats are used to regulate basking surfaces, as to not allow your tank to overheat or cool down too much. The Digital Reptitemp can control up to 600 Watts of heating devices and 150 watts of cooling devices (fans, etc.). The Digital Reptitemp is easy to install, easy to read and acts as your first line of defense against improper heating conditions!
How to Install
Step 1: Place your probe on the highest point of your basking spot (if using above-tank heating) or below the substrate, directly above heat pad (if using below tank heating). Probe can be held in place by zip-ties or electrical tape.
Step 2: Plug in your heat source you would like to regulate (avoid bulbs that give off light & heat, this will cause the light to flicker as it regulates temperature).
Step 3: Program your thermostat to reach your desired basking temperature. Thermostat will turn heating device on and off periodically to match this temperature.
- Remote temperature Sensor with 6 foot (185 cm) cable
- Temperature control range: 50 F to 122 F (10 C to 50 C)
- Controls up to 600 watts of heating devices
- Controls up to 150 watts of cooling devices
- Controls temperature by turning on heating devices in "HEAT" mode or by turning on cooling devices in "COOL" mode
- LCD display with convenient two-button programming
- Built in memory stores settings in case of power failure
- Alarm flashes & sounds when temperature reaches extreme high otr low levels