Ocean sunfish live in the tropical and temperate waters of the Indian, Atlantic, and Pacific Oceans, as well as the Mediterranean Sea. They are exceptionally large, and can grow to weigh over 2,000 pounds and measure over 10 feet long.
- Scientific Name: Mola mola
- Characteristics: Despite its enormous size, the sunfish is a gentle giant and is not a threat to humans. Scientifically faithful and hand crafted with life-like detail, this model with its display stand is a perfect gift for aspiring marine biologists!
- Size and Color: Although there are sometimes subtle variations, sunfish are predominantly silver and gray. Our sunfish model measures 3.25 inches long and 1.5 inches wide, roughly the size of a deck of cards on its side. The stand measures 1.5 inches wide and 2.25 inches tall, a touch smaller than a deck of cards on its side.
- The Sunfish with Stand Set is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.